PSBL offers Co-Ed Leagues on Sundays:
It is the only Co-Ed League in the state of Washington and accommodates between 15-20 teams each session. There are normally 2-3 divisions of play ranging from Recreational to Competitive. Co-Ed is a great place to start if you are looking to get back into playing after being away from the game. Players range, for example, from 16 year old men to 52 year old women.
PSBL Women Players Have 5 options to play:
- PSBL’s Sunday Co-Ed League
- PSBL’s Tuesday Women’s Only League and Women’s Hoops on Demand League games
- PSBL’s Tuesday Elite Women’s League (College Skill Players)
- PSBL’s Saturday Morning Hoops program
- Women are also allowed to play in PSBL’s Men’s Leagues, but we will not place Individual Registrations in the Men’s League – Female players must already be part of an established “Men’s” team.
Please see below for PSBL’s Co-Ed rules:
- Minimum of 3 women to register a team.
- Two women players on court STRONGLY recommended.
- Blocked shots, or an attempted block by a male towards a female will result in 2 automatic free throws and possession. If a basket is made during the blocked shot or attemped block shot then the females team receives a 2nd possession as a violation for the blocked shot, or attemped block shot.
- Teams that show up with one female or less will still play their entire game, however this game will be recorded as a win for the team that has 2 or more females ONLY AFTER the game has been played in its entirety. REPEAT: A full game will be played.
- If both teams only have 1 female each, the game will be recorded as a loss for each team unless the game is played in its entirety.
- QUALITY COMPETITION – Unmatched by any other league, PSBL moves teams up and down divisions on a weekly basis to create the best possible match-ups. Teams are NOT stuck in one division for an entire session. It is PSBL’s goal for each game to be within 5 -15 pts and we’ll move teams appropriately to find each team’s parity level. Our philosophy is that “blow- outs” are bad for both teams.
- NO FORFEITS – There are no forfeits in PSBL. We make “a game” in every situation. We have been known to: play 4 on 4, pick up players hanging around the gym, have an official play, steal players from the other team, etc. The PSBL theory is that since you traveled to the gym, you deserve to play. Period! Our officials are trained to “make a game” in every situation. Forfeits only occurred .1% of the games last year.
- YEAR-ROUND PLAY – PSBL offers games 51 weeks a year.
- DAMP TOWEL SWEPT FLOORS – This is a fundamental difference between PSBL and other “rec. leagues.” Before PSBL enters each gym, we sweep the dirt and dust off the floor with a damp towel to create the cleanest surface possible for the best possible grip. This makes all the difference to you…THE PLAYER.
- UNIQUE DIVISIONS OF PLAY – PSBL organizes Co-ed Leagues in 1-3 different skill divisions. Unlike other recreational leagues, PSBL monitors games on a bi-weekly basis and moves teams up and down divisions based on their scores. Teams are not stuck in the same division.
- GAME LOCATIONS – PSBL guarantees teams 4-5 home games per session. Please indicate on the Registration form what LOCATION your team is from. You will not play all of your games in one gym. Remember, while teams are traveling to play you, you should naturally travel to play them.
- NEVER TOO LATE TO SIGN-UP – PSBL offers leagues year-round and normally we can fit teams in mid-session. If not, the next session is only a few weeks away. Costs are pro-rated for teams starting mid-session.
- CHECK THIS WEBSITE – The website will always have your payment status and schedule. Schedules are released every 2-3 weeks. Click on the “Sunday Schedule” on the website and scroll down.
- SCHEDULE CHANGES – Always make sure to check the site the day of your game to verify your schedule. Changes do occur.
- COMMUNICATION – The preferred method of communication with PSBL is email. Email us at:email@example.com
- JEWELRY – Jewelry of any kind is not allowed in the league.
- UNIFORMS – Teams must have jerseys of the same color, same material, and with a number. No bandanas (dew rags) or bracelets are allowed. This includes LIVESTRONG bands. Undershirts have to be the same color as the jersey. No exceptions.
- PASSIONATE COMPETITION, while PEACEFUL & RECREATIONAL– This is a recreational league that offers passionate, yet competitive and SAFE games. Vulgar behavior, such as profanity and violence, will not be tolerated. We have banned and suspended players. Just play ball.